Friday 27 July 2012

The night filled with laughter

"Go to school, talking to friends, gossiping, keeping abreast of the news of celebrities and finally sit for UPSR."

Those were the tasks of ours, those were the awesome moments that kept our day going on and on without feeling bored. Instead, we felt as if we were the birds flying in the sky. One word: FREEDOM! That happened 10 years ago.

Now, we are no longer children. Some of us are working, having awesome jobs. Some of us are still studying at tertiary education. We are no longer spending 24/7 together, like last time. So, we will make sure that we can meet at least once a year now.


Because of Facebook, my ex-classmates and I got to keep in touch, arranged our gathering time successfully in Facebook. By posting one message and invites people we want, everyone can see the latest updates and give comments and feedback. Also, we can remember the date we last went out together by 'checking-in' to the places.

Although there weren't lots of us last night, there are things I'd learned from the gathering and to be refreshed right now.

1. Always get yourself ready before your friends call
-Most of the time, our friends will call us or text us when they are coming to fetch us. So, I love to take my old sweet time to get myself ready.

Luckily, I get myself ready an hour earlier last night. My friends did not send me a message. Instead, they were already in front of my house, waiting for me. Fortunately, I was all ready to go out!


Friends forever
2. Always pay attention when your friends are talking
-Our most expressionless friend is the one who pays most attention when we are talking, although he seems like he does not bother to listen to us.

Last night, one of our friends were asking another friend:
" How many cars does your family have?"
"One car A, another car B, there is one car C, there is one more car D, there is one more car E." answered the girl.
So, our expressionless friend said:
"You have endless 'one-more'. There are altogether 5 cars."

Haha.

3. Don't pause too long during a conversation
-When one of them was trying to lie, he did not give a false answer. Instead, he paused for more than 2 minutes before one of the friend's husband interrupted:
"Don't wait for him to answer because all of you will never get an answer until tomorrow."

Still, we did not get an answer from him last night. :)


We are looking forward to the next meeting before few of us are leaving Malacca in September.
It was a nice calm gathering last night.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment