Saturday 1 December 2012

"Sometime, it's Ok to unwrap a present instantly"

Ever since I was a little girl, my family taught me this: Never ever unwrap a present straight on the spot. In another word, it is better to unwrap the present in a place when, there is no one there to look at us.

Yesterday was my last day working as a teacher assistant and a daycare tuition teacher.

My 2 students handed me 2 lovely presents. Another teacher also received a lovely present from them. One of them asked me to unwrap it immediately. Really, I was shocked because I thought it was not good to do so, especially infront of the person who gave me a wonderful present.

I rejected for few times. 

Then this 9-year-old boy said, "Teacher, why you do not want to open it?!"
I replied:"Because I felt shy to do it."

He explained: "We did that whenever there is occasion in my place. That's when my aunt and uncle can capture the process of us, unwrapping the presents."

Student and teacher.
Teacher Jojo. That's me:)
First time, having a picture of me unwrapping present. Amazing experience!
Lovely dolphins. Thank you student:)

You are right, too. I thought. He opened my eyes, exposed me to the fact that, we too can do something out of the box, sometimes. 

I also 'unshy' to unwrap another present which I received from a 13-year-old student.
Why I do not feel ashamed? Because she is his big sister.:)

Gonna miss them oh:)
Teenagers love to show lots facial expression when taking pictures.
crystal!:)

They are young but they taught me lots of undiscovered knowledge. The boy is good in fixing robot and Lego. The girl is talented in arts and writing.

I am so thankful to meet them in 2012:)


No comments:

Post a Comment