Thursday 10 January 2013

"It's not about the uniform, it's about saving lives"

"I choose to join Kadet Bomba" said by my brother.
"Why don't you join Kadet Polis? The uniform is nicer." my mother suggested her opinion.
"It's not about the uniform, it's about saving the lives of people." my 13-year-old brother replied.

The brother in the house

My younger brother does have a goal. He is ready to chase his dream of becoming an ambulance driver. Why? 
Because he loves to save people. Being a police was his dream too but his heart strongly wants him to be an ambulance driver.

I feel small because I did not have a goal when I was 13 years old. I went to school, met my friends, talked and talked.

Google: Walt Disney was an ambulance driver.


Is he really serious with his goal? Oh Yes...
Whenever I went to the hospital for treatment for months, he would stand at the main entrance, watching every single ambulances came and went. He got so excited and remembered every single car plate of the vehicles.

This brother is good in remembering places and face features of people. So, there was no problem for him to guide my mother from Seremban to Malacca *1 and a half hour journey*. He said he loved and enjoyed doing so because he wanted to be a bus driver one day. From bus driver to ambulance driver.

His goal motivates him to study hard now. Oh that's right...
Everyday, he is so interested in doing his homework in the evening compared to last time. Now, he kept saying the motion of things are influenced by the art of Science and kept explaining to me.

He told me:
"Now I have the heart to study hard because my school is located next to the private hospital."
Not only that, he too said that:
"Sitting 'near' to the medical centre gives me inspiration to be 'smart'."


Perhaps, he has different goal one day. 
Now, what's more important is that, his current goal motivates him to study hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment