Sunday 13 January 2013

Teamwork, confidence, unity at Lion Dance Competition

Yesterday, the town was as quiet as a baby who is sleeping soundly.
Today, the same town was as busy as the vehicles were building up like an army of ants.

People was busy coming to see the Lion Dance National Competition at Mahkota Parade today.

I like to see this type of competition although it has been held in Malacca for years.
The mixture of excitement and enthusiasms in the heart of us is burning up instead of fading away.

Jumping on the stilts is not a easy task without professional training. Jumping over the bench made me afraid. Jumping on the stilts can make my heart pound a couple of miles an hour.

Watching the contestants jumping, carrying their teammates seem scary yet the audiences were so eager to cheer on them.

Lion dance competition attracted so many audiences with "Oh" when someone was falling from the stilts. The sound of clapping hands was getting louder when some of them perform certain 'we-thought-they-are-going-to-fall' moment!

I always thought that sport was the biggest thing to attract Malaysians to unite at the same place. Then, today I realize that Lion Dance Performance or Competition also attract Malaysians from all around the state to come together, giving confidence to everyone.

Watching the people beating drums and so forth makes me understand how much time and effort they had put in to produce such an awesome performance today. I should manage my time better too.

Today, I understand the power of working as a team, confidence in oneself and unity is infinity.

The most important thing is that: Lion Dance reminds me of Chinese New Year:)

I was at Mahkota Parade:)

The so-many-judges with few nice trophies.

This is Chinese New Year Tree:)
One of the performance I'd recorded just now:)

No comments:

Post a Comment